- Published on Saturday, 11 May 2013 16:20
We're very proud to announce we have two awesome new kids' surf camps for summer 2013.
Starting with the Early Bird Catches The Surf. Starting at 10am, this surf experience is guaranteed to wake you up and leave you feeling refreshed to face the rest of your day! Suitable for 8 upwards, this surf camp is our bestseller.
Then we have the exclusive Sunset Surf. Drop your kids off with us at 5pm, go out and enjoy a nice meal, a cup of coffee or simply some 'me-time' and then pick them up two hours later. You get some peace and quiet, they get to burn off some energy and have lots of fun!
Want to book in or have any questions? Call us today on 051-391-011 or 087-756-3993.
- Published on Monday, 06 May 2013 14:29
1st annual Deise Doggy Surf Day sponsored by Tramore Surf Shop and School - Taking place Sunday 1st September, Tramore. Fun for all the family, helping to raise funds for Deise Animal Sanctuary
Our aim for this year is to raise €3,000 for Deise Animal Sanctuary. To help raise this, we've got a fun-packed day planned!
• 9:30 am Sponsored Fancy Dress Surf. €25 per person, all proceeds go to the sanctuary. Prize for best dressed! Pre-booking is essential as this is expected to sell out incredibly quickly - to reserve your place call Bernie on 087-756-3993.
• 12pm Dog Show in the pavilion. €3 each category entered. Categories are as follows:
1. Happiest Golden Oldie (8+)
2. Cutest Puppy (0-2 years)
3. Friendliest Dog (All ages)
4. Best Rescue (All ages)
5. Best Surf-Themed Dog (All ages)
6. Deise’s Dog Of The Year 2013 – sponsored by Pet World, Waterford
All dogs get a prize for entering. Each category has its own winning prize!
• 1:30 Dog Surf Competition. €5 to enter. Lifeguards and surf instructors on stand-by! Lifejackets are available for all competitors. In shallow water only! Surf instructors are judging. Happiest Dog in the Water prize/award (for the non-surfers). Every dog who enters gets a prize!
Other features of the day:
• Pet World Feeding/Water Station
• Deise Animal Sanctuary Info Corner
• Bric a Brac stall throughout the day in pavilion
• Apple Brown Betty is offering a very special offer for the day - a dog shaped cookie with every tea/coffee!
Like us on Facebook for the latest updates and prizes!
All profits from the day go to Deise Animal Sanctuary. For more info, go to www.deiseanimalsanctuary.ie
- Published on Saturday, 25 August 2012 10:50
Surfing Groms is back for all teenage and child surfers, bring your own equipment or use ours, only €79 for 8 weeks of surfing madness. Starts 2nd September and is held every Sunday at 10.30am, bring your smiles and surfing eagerness and we will meet you at the shop. You can also avail of individual sessions only at €20 a lesson. For more info contact Ber on 0877563993.
- Published on Sunday, 15 January 2012 12:17
- Published on Saturday, 15 October 2011 09:54
Today the Surf is 2ft on sets, with a moderate strength onshore wind, right now its clean enough considering the moderate strength onshore wind! Low tide is at 2:17pm and High tide at 8.20pm! The Surf is going to be a little bit smaller in the evening time! The Surf for Sunday is looking to be very small and then winds are due to pick up on monday bringing more wind swell with waves over 2 foot expected.
- Published on Saturday, 08 October 2011 12:56
Theres a holiday Home to rent for the Surfing championships next week. The House sleeps 7 people and is priced at 250 euros for the weekend. The House can be viewed by going into the Imagine Ireland Website, property no 9337. Barrys contact no is 0872107886, or 0749734362.
- Published on Saturday, 08 October 2011 09:43
Today the surf is small and ideal for beginners, first timers and kids. Its nice and sunny out with 1 foot clean waves on sets, no wind. Low tide is 10am and High at 4pm. Tomorrow looks better with more swell on the way! We only occasionaly post the surf report here in this blog but to stay in touch and get the report every day check out our facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/tramoresurfshopandtramoresurfschool and twitter here: twitter.com/tramoresurfshop. Here are some photos of today:
- Published on Saturday, 24 September 2011 10:27
It was the 8th of November 2010 when weather conditions off the west coast combined perfectly to create huge waves of up to 40 feet high and somewhat smaller waves but still queit big were surfed of the south coast! One wave with its location unknown called prowlers was surfed by up to six surfers who travelled on jetskis and power boards 2km out to sea! We wonder now with the last few tail ends of hurricanes that have blasted the south and west coasts this month will we see the return of some monstrous waves? You can follow the hurricane forecasts here on magicseaweed which is a forecast website!
Waves like the monster above have managed to get Ireland publicised in surfing magazines all around the world as a serious destination for hardcore surfers! The first big wave to be discovered in Ireland is Aileens. The front of magazines such as carve, surfermag and tracks and websites like surfline and surfers village all ran with images of these before unknown massive waves that were breaking on Irelands coastline.
So the question is when and where will the next big waves crash off the Irish coastline and what brave souls will take them on!
- Published on Friday, 23 September 2011 20:33
To celebrate the surf and sea festival in tramore this weekend we are offering our full surf package which is normally €20 for €10. So drop by and have fun!
- Published on Wednesday, 21 September 2011 15:52
A day of from the navy, these 3 sailors came from haulbowline to give surfing a go!!!